HAPS provides support groups under the supervision of two licensed Master's level social workers designed to help individuals and their caregivers find peer support in dealing with the daily challenges of living with Parkinson's disease. If you or someone you know could benefit from a Parkinson's support group, contact the HAPS office and we will help you find a group appropriate to your needs.
- General patient support group
- Newly diagnosed support group for individuals diagnosed within the past three years
- General caregiver support groups
- Specialized caregiver support group for caregivers dealing with a dual diagnosis of Parkinson's and related dementia
- Quarterly Young Onset breakfast social group for those with Parkinson's disease under the age of 50
Please contact Kathleen Crist, LMSW at 713-626-7114 for information on meeting times and locations.