- $5,000 will support the establishment of a new weekly exercise program
- $1,000 will support the replacement of medical equipment or assistive devices
- $500 will supply a month of Parkinson’s medications
- $100 will support two round trip rides to a neurologist appointment
The 2017 Annual Awards Gala, Changing the Face of Parkinson’s, benefiting Houston Area Parkinson Society was held on Sunday, November 5, 2017 at the Hilton Houston Post Oak. Over 350 supporters helped raise $250,000 for programs that are critical to serving the Houston Parkinson's community.
For more than 40 years, HAPS has offered free therapeutic exercise and support groups, social services, education, transportation, emergency financial aid and subsidized respite care to families affected by Parkinson’s in eight Houston-area counties. Proceeds from the Gala will help fund these critical services.
Outstanding Event Chairs Hala and Joe Ahmad and Young Professional Chairs Izzy and John Schulte planned a delightful evening with the perfect mix of dinner and dancing, coupled with a focus on the incurable neurodegenerative disease – Parkinson’s – and how we as a community can better serve those suffering from this debilitating illness. The brief awards ceremony honored:
- Diane Rehm, receiving the President’s Award
- World Parkinson Coalition, receiving the Roy H. Cullen Quality of Life Award
- Robert Flatt, receiving the Lillie Cullen Quality of Life Award
HAPS has officially been accepted to the 2018 Run for a Reason (RFAR) program in the 2018 Chevron Houston Marathon!
This year, HAPS will bring back the popular superhero theme with heroes never before seen, offer new and exciting fundraising incentives and much more!
Click here to read more about how you can get involved in this year's event...